i personally prefer the # syntax.

#t seems 'right' to me.

i was talking w/ rici in #lua , and
i do like his idea of foo@n as
returning the meta info of foo. though i made the following suggestions,
lemme know what you all think.

first of all, to me i think of this as saying "the meta info
of the foo object/table/userdata"  so i'd rather see the
meta info thing first..  ie :
'n@foo'  also the '@' doesn't seem descriptive to me, so i'd want to
change that to :  'n of foo' which seems very descriptive and
powerful to me.
the only downside is in an expression :

a = length of foo + 1

we feel the need here to toss a () around 'length of foo' , it doesn't
"feel" like it binds more than the + operator.  i think this is
a minor issue though, either i could toss the () in to make myself
"feel" better, or i can eventually get used to the syntax.

now, fi this comes to pass, then #t  may be redundant.
one could perhaps say ... ->   t [ n of t + 1 ] = v

what do you all say?

--vat