-----Original Message-----
From: Edgar Toernig [mailto:froese@gmx.de]
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 2004 9:11 AM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: PATCH: true C coroutines -- yield across C stack from
anywhere

>Are Lua-only coroutines really required?  Small survey?
>- Who is using them at the moment?
We do use them.

>- Are the Lua-only couroutines good enough for you?
Yes, 90% of the time.

>- Would you switch to C-level coroutines if they were
>  available?
No, because I can have an unpredictable number of these and dynamic allocations of unpredictable size to support C stacks are questionable in such a case, more or less so depending on a platform.

Having said this, I can see applications for them even in my apps and if they were optional in Lua I would definitely use them for some things.

>Ciao, ET.
Alex