Hello,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to add MatrixSSL[1] support to
LuaSocket.  Generally, regular socket commands are wrapped in ssl
versions.  For example, sslRead will call recv and then decode the
stream.  In some cases, they are called in sequence.  For example,
accept will be called, and then the received file descriptor will be
send to sslAccept.

What would be the best way to add this to LuaSocket?  At first I
thought copying over tcp.c and changing it to use ssl would be a good
approach.  That seems to repeat a lot of code though.  The ssl
functions use regular tcp sockets, so it would be nice to add an ssl
layer on TOP of 'tcp' rather than replacing it.  I saw no easy means
to do this, however.

[1] http://www.matrixssl.org

--
Zachary P. Landau <kapheine@gmail.com>