Jamie Webb wrote:
On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 10:28:43PM +0200, Andr? Pubanz wrote:

Hi all,

I use the Finite Element Program FEMM which has a LUA (V4.0)
implementation to do modelling of magnetic systems. Up till now it works
fine, I can use LUA scripts to manipulate program flow and automatically
built models.

But now I would like to use string manipulation. In the Manual (LUA
5.0!!)

You've answered your own question. Try the Lua 4 manual:
http://www.lua.org/manual/4.0/

-- Jamie Webb

Dear Jamie,

Thank you!
I downloaded the 5.0 manual at first and forgot to look for 4.0 later once I discovered that FEMM used 4.0.
That was stupid of course (maybe I unconsiously thought it was downward compatible).

Now it works! Thanks again!

Andre Pubanz