Hi all,

I use the Finite Element Program FEMM which has a LUA (V4.0) implementation to do modelling of magnetic systems. Up till now it works fine, I can use LUA scripts to manipulate program flow and automatically built models.

But now I would like to use string manipulation. In the Manual (LUA 5.0!!) it states that the string manipulation library must be used. I haven't got a clue on how to do this (I searched the archives and FAQ's). Obviously FEMM was built together with the LUA pieces as I can;t find any specific LUA stuff in the install directory. I want to be a user of FEMM only, without having to get deeply involved in LUA itself.
Is there a simple way to do this?

Regards,

Andre