> > There is more to tune. If someone has the time, please collect the
> > revised scripts and submit them to the maintainer.
>
>  I'll submit them for you.

 Before I do that I'll have to fix at least the strcat test to do the local
optimization instead.  There are some rules that some of these tests must be
done the "same way" (http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/method.php#sameway)
and strcat is one of them.  They state that the default implementation must
have "N distinct string append statements done in a loop" and "The program
should not construct a list of strings and join it".  The also allow
submission of second entries with a more efficient implementation of
concatenation which is what your script is.

  Tom Spilman
  Co-owner | Programmer
  www.sickheadgames.com