On 22-Sep-04, at 1:48 PM, Bilyk, Alex wrote:

So, basically per the proposal below the following would be equivalent to one another

print : hello

syntax error. Would have to be print:hello()

print"hello"
print("hello")

It feels to me that the first one is somewhat counter intuitive. In addition how would I use the first form to make it equivalent to

I agree, that is not the context in which I would use it.

print(":)")
print : :) -- ???

If it doesn't than it is a severe limitation on what strings can be used with it.

Yes, it can only be used with legitimate identifier tokens; the same limitation as in any other use of :