Hi,

> Are you saying waiting with a timeout will not make my server process less
> busy? I can't imagine why not, but that might just be me.

On Windows, assuming the WinSock bug manifests itself all the time, yes.

You will be on a loop asking if the sockets are readable or writable.
Select will return immediately saying the sockets are writable
eventhough they are not. You try to write and it fails, so
you go back to select, which returns immediately again. This is a busy
wait.

I don't think it will happen, though.

[]s,
Diego.