Title: Lua memory usage

Hi,

I am trying to use the eCos port of Lua 5.02.

I am running on embedded ARM7 with very little RAM.

Are there any benchmarking on memory usage of Lua?
How much RAM do the libraries need?

I found MAX_LUMEM in "llimits.h", but it doesn't seem to have any effect changing the value.
Tried changing MAX_LUMEM to 16kb, but my test app (sieve) still allocates more RAM than 16 kb according to gcinfo().

What is the supposed effect of MAX_LUMEM???

Is the Garbage collector thresshold only a setting to control when a garbage collect event will occur?

What posibilities are there for cutting RAM usage?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Johannes Hessellund Hansen
Software Engineer Trainee