Asko Kauppi wrote:

Still.. even we've been here a 1000 times.

'popen' is closed the same was as regular 'open'. They're FILE* handles. It'd be N times harder to stab that from outside, than have it there.

The recent problem was to do with what happens if the child is reaped elsewhere, and so using fclose() instead of pclose(). (My, that was a bugger of a bug to track!) What's wrong with just having another flag in the userdata to say it's a popen, rather than guessing when you call close(), I don't know.

--
Rob Kendrick, Pepperfish Ltd.         +44 (0)845 226 4146  www.pepperfish.net
PGP signed or encrypted mail welcome                         Key ID: 3651D17A