Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Support for pipes has been removed because it's not ANSI. (See recent reports
on problems with popen and pclose.) The natural place for pipes is the POSIX
library, which perhaps we should add to the standard distribution.

Surely the same is true of the so/DLL loading functions? Have they been removed too? (I seem to recall that there were special-cases in the code for dealing with specific OSes, too.)

I regret seeing popen leave the base - it's just too useful.

--
Rob Kendrick, Pepperfish Ltd.         +44 (0)845 226 4146  www.pepperfish.net
PGP signed or encrypted mail welcome                         Key ID: 3651D17A