(Replying to myself)

The more I look at this, the more I think it is a bug. Is there place in
addition to this mailing list where I can report this ?

pcall and xpcall serve the same purpose (calling  a function with some
special error handling) and one would expect that they have the same
arguments.

	cheers,

	Philippe

--
An open source OS for contactless Smart Cards
http://www.jayacard.org - Jayacard