>>> erix@erix.it 08/12/04 02:41PM >>>
> GtLua has a nice old racing-car feeling :-)

Yeah, I like that!  Like those little red sports cars that men
of a certain age get in the belief they can impress the girls.
(Not that I'm so naive as to believe OSS projects impress
girls ;).  It's true that this is not a small furry animal, but we
already have enough of them around.

Unfortunately, Lui is already taken.  A friend of mine suggested
GLouis, or GNG (GLouis is not Glui).

The software niche I'm aiming for is something more flexible than
XDialog and smaller than wxLua (which isn't difficult to do ;))

One application that's interesting me is building self-extracting
installations with a cute little GUI. There's a most interesting
little library (http://www.taniwha.com/~paul/res) which embeds
a virtual file system into an ELF executable as a special section.
 (Needs some hacking to get working on modern Linuxes).
Combine that with UPX and you get compressed and
self-sufficient executables.

The toolkit formerly known as  Glui (hereafter known as GtLua)
 is only going to take about 100K overhead.  I suppose it's a
cultural difference between  Linux and Windows;
Windows people will click on anything ;)

Tho seriously, it puzzles me that ~/bin is not part of the
standard, already on the path, so your proverbial user can
click on installers safely.

steve d.

believed to be clean.