On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 23:10:08 +0200, Vincent Penne <ziggy@sashipa.com> wrote:

> #/usr/local/bin/lua-5.0
> So you have to make sure that you have a lua 5 interpreter with that
> name in your /usr/local/bin directory, or change that first line in the
> script to point on the correct path.

How embarrassing!  I should've found that myself.  I only use 5, so
it's just /usr/local/bin/lua here.  I've also changed the Makefile to
use the 3.3.2 compiler and put stdlib.h in place of malloc.h; now it
goes like this:

sge:762$ gmake clean
[cleaning]
rm -f bind-fltk-ext.o tbind-fltk.o lua5-fltk.a bind-fltk.cxx
sge:763$ gmake
[preprocessing fltk.cxx]
[generating binding from fltk.i]
Adding path '../../'
Module 'bind' loaded
Module 'bind-lua5' loaded
Module 'bind-lua' loaded
Reading fltk.i
6201 lines, 32056 tokens
Processing fltk.i
New name 'val' of type 'int val[6]'        (I used -d)
fltk.i (183) at token '}' : ';' expected
Generating LUA binding
[compiling bind-fltk-ext.cxx]
bind-fltk-ext.cxx: In function `int lua_fltk__Fl_Widget__callback(lua_State*)':
bind-fltk-ext.cxx:32: error: `lua_to_Fl_Widget' undeclared (first use this
   function)
bind-fltk-ext.cxx:32: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
   for each function it appears in.)
gmake: *** [bind-fltk-ext.o] Error 1
rm fltk.i
sge:764$

I got the make file to make a copy of fltk.i so I could look at it.
lines 181-183 are:

typedef struct label_t {
        int val[6];
} label_t;

Now would probably be a good time for me to say that I'm perfectly
happy to use the copy of bind-fltk.cxx you provide in the
distribution; I'll let go of this the instant you indicate I should.

Thanks for your time,
Steve