I am beginning to imbed lua into a game project. One of the things that I would like to do is, define general functions(OnHit,OnDamaged,OnClick) for each object type in the game (each enemy, ship type, weapon type, etc), which would be defined in a lua script file for each type. What I need to know is how expensive would be to use multiple lua_States for each type, loading the lua script associated with each type, assumming there are quite a few of them (50+).

If it would be really expensive (memory/cpu) to use that many lua_States is there another convienent way to acheive the same result?

TIA

Do you Yahoo!?