>Just for the record, I strongly prefer the mailing list.

Just for the record, so do I.

On the other hand, we the Lua team obviously want to the Lua community as best
as we can. I'm all in favor of creating a forum, but we the team cannot do it.
The place to do it is at lua-users (see its charter). Of course, it doesn't
have to be physically at lua-users (what does "physically" mean anyway in the
internet?). We just need some DNS magic and a link for it the forum lua-users.

Perhaps we can simply reactivate the forums kindly created at Icy North
Technologies by Brett Kapilik? Does anyone knows why they have died? Lack
of interest?

Also, does anyone know whether the chat room has any traffic at all? I've tried
it a couple of times and there seemed to be no one.

Bottom line: let's stop discussing tastes and do something about it. If the
community wants a forum, just create one. You don't need a blessing from the
Lua team.