Michael Cumming wrote:
Interesting discussion so far.  I did not think there would be so
many mail list holdovers :)  In reality, mailing lists are in
decline.  This is the last list that I belong to.  All others have
finally seen the light and gone to a bulletin board format.  They
offer huge advantages that cannot be ignored.

I am subscribed to about 25 mailing lists. I'm very grateful that I can aggregate all of it in a central place under a single interface (i.e. my mail client).

I use one BB forum on occasion, for discussion and support of Mozilla products. I can understand using a forum in that situation, as many participants are normal or casual computer users that don't necessarily have a technical background. In contrast, most or all of the people who use Lua at the level of this list's discussion are software developers.

-John

--
http://giftfile.org/  ::  giftfile project