> the RIR"
>
> this is the result of looking up of the list servers IP in the RBL at
> ipwhois.rfc-ignorant.org.  that entry might be wrong:
[...]

Information from rfc-ignorant.org:

"""
RFC954 specifies that all hosts who can connect to "the DoD Internet"
and are capable of passing traffic should be listed in the whois server
(accessible via a standard TCP port, 43), complete with contact
information including network e-mail addresses. Over time, this has
mutated into an expectation that whois for the IP space would be
maintained by the appropriate RIR (Regional Internet Registry). It is
important to note that, at present, there is no "root" WHOIS server for
IP networks. It is basically up to the client to know to which RIR the
address to be looked up has been delegated (and should be queried for).
"""

Notice the part where it says "it's up to the client to know which RIR
the address to be looked up has been delageted".

Information from registro.br:

% Copyright registro.br
%  The data below is provided for information purposes
%  and to assist persons in obtaining information about or
%  related to domain name and IP number registrations
%  By submitting a whois query, you agree to use this data
%  only for lawful purposes.
%  2004-06-28 13:32:34 (BRT -03:00)

domain:      CONECTIVA.COM.BR
owner:       CONECTIVA S.A.
ownerid:     000.850.936/0001-01
responsible: Rodney Wagner Miyakawa
address:     Rua Tocantins, 89, Cristo Rei
address:     80050-430 - Curitiba - PR
phone:       (041) 360-2600 []
owner-c:     CIS
admin-c:     CIS
tech-c:      CIS
billing-c:   CIS
nserver:     NS.CONECTIVA.COM.BR 200.140.247.100
nsstat:      20040626 AA
nslastaa:    20040626
nserver:     GOLFINHO.TELEPAR.NET.BR
nsstat:      20040626 AA
nslastaa:    20040626
nserver:     NS.NETBANK.COM.BR
nsstat:      20040626 AA
nslastaa:    20040626
nserver:     SLAVE.CONVOY.COM.BR
nsstat:      20040626 AA
nslastaa:    20040626
created:     19960214 #5408
updated:     19980209
changed:     20031014
status:      published

nic-hdl-br:  CIS
person:      Conectiva Internet Solutions
e-mail:      dominios@CONECTIVA.COM.BR
address:     Tocantins, 89,
address:     80050-430 - Curitiba - PR
phone:       (41) 360-2600 []
created:     19971218
changed:     20030620

remarks:     Security issues should also be addressed to
remarks:     nbso@nic.br, http://www.nbso.nic.br/
remarks:     Mail abuse issues should also be addressed to
remarks:     mail-abuse@nic.br

% whois.registro.br accepts only direct match queries.
% Types of queries are: domains (.BR), BR POCs, CIDR blocks,
% IP and AS numbers.

> so the info is there.  my system doesn't refuse RBL listed hosts,
> instead emails are marked as cited above.  still, aside from my setup
> tagging such emails as possible spam, many others will propably wonder
> why they get no mail from the list.  can somebody try to get
> connectiva delisted?

Conectiva is not listed. Your antispam policy is fooling you.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net