> IO Completion ports and overlapped IO minimize the number of
> handles/objects required. In the words of the MS documentation
>
> "IOCP is the Windows NT Operating System support for writing a scalable,
high throughput server using very simple threading and blocking code on
overlapped I/O operations. Thus there can be a significant performance
advantage of using overlapped socket I/O with Windows NT IOCPs. "

> See Q181611

Yes, I totally agree with you if we are talking about I/O handles (including
sockets) only.

But, what about the others sync objects or the message queue ?
In some cases we only have an Event Object for "event driven" programming
(special hardware, third party libraries, etc).
I am not pushing Events over IOCPs, I am only trying to show the
alternatives.
In any case, I'm happy with this project/discussion :)

Daniel