Hi,

> > > I've searched the documentation for Luasocket, and I don't see how to
> > > force it into non-blocking mode.
> >
> > Take a look at "settimeout". I hope it's in the manual.
> > If it isn't, the beta version is being released either today or
> > tomorrow and I am sure it's in the beta. :o)
> >

> Thanks for the quick reply Diego!  The docs on the website
> (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego/luasocket/func.html) don't list that
> function at all.

Yes it does.

You are working with Lua 4.0? If so, look for the "timeout" which is
described in the link you sent me. More specifically,

    http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego/luasocket/func.html#tcp.timeout

If you are using Lua 5.0, than you should be using the alpha version of
the library at

    http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego/luasocket/new/

and the function is described at

    http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~diego/luasocket/new/tcp.html#settimeout

Both entries are available from the index.

> Where can I find the beta?

Right now, just in my harddrive. But soon in the distribution
website.

[]s,
Diego.