Hi,

> dunno how abstract lua socket extension is, but I'm guessing you'd have
> to roll your own extension for os 9, use a Carbon socket function (if
> there's one that works for OS 8+ with carbonlib - might be in the Core
> Foundation API), or drop OS 9 from supported systems.

I would have to take a look at how bad this Carbon API is. I tried
making LuaSocket code extensible, but I am not sure how good of a job I
did. In the best case scenario, one would create a msocket.c file (m for
mac), to use instead of usocket.c (for unix) or wsocket.c (for windows)
and that would be it.

[]s,
Diego.