Thanks Virgil,

> Did you run the loaded script before exploring LUA_GLOBALSINDEX?
no; you were right; I couldn't find the functions declared in the script file in LUA_GLOBALSINDEX because I didn't run the script
yet.
I changed my test program and now everything works fine; still I have one problem.....

 - is there a way to know how many arguments a scripted function takes ?
    does lua store this info somewhere or
       it just try to match the given arguments to the function's arguments
       directly when running the function (thus in an hardcoded way) ?

Thanks again,
Francesco