> Inspired by a paper referenced in that post, this is what I wanted:
> "just specify the amount of wasted memory to be tolerated as a
> percentage of in-use memory, with higher tolerance translating to lower
> GC overhead".

The problem here is how to compute the speed of an incremental
collector given those parameters. Suggestions are wellcome.

> Incremental GC (the subject of this thread) is there to reduce worst
> case memory and CPU usage.

I'm not sure about that. It seems much easier to ensure worst-case
memory with a mark-and-sweep collector. CPU usage (average) also seems
to increase with an incremental GC, due to higher administrative
overhead.

-- Roberto