I'm working on a project that really needed http libs and after playing
a bit with luasocket-alpha we decided to use cURL. since we've not found
lua-5 bindings for curl we made them by hand.

here you can find the sources in .tgz format, and binaries for windows in
.zip format (including curl-2.dll with only http/https support).

http://tassi.web.cs.unibo.it/lua/

You can also find a short focumentation.

Remember that these bindings are really untested sice our project is not
mature and really untested too.

To compile the sources you may need to hack the Makefile. it sould
work fine on a debian testing or unstable box. The win32 stuff is built
using the Xmingw32 cross compiler provided by libsdl.org and some other
stuff. if you are interested in crosscompiling ask me and I'll give you
more infos....

Hope it can help someone.
--
Enrico Tassi