AFIK, LuaPlus background leads to Microsoft, so a Linux port (by the same persons) is perhaps unlikely.

I've looked at it briefly, and considering it for inclusion in LuaX (eventually). Mostly, because of the nice remote debugging feature. However, that is a major thing to do and not in the short term plans.

-ak