Win32 .exe's can export functions just fine.  One of my apps does this for
it's global functions for plugins to call back to. (I have used both
methods, linking against the app's export library, and using GetProcAddress
to get the exported function addrs).

There's not all that much difference between a win32 DLL and an EXE.  Both
are fully linked.  It's mostly what the loader does (and having DllMain
instead of WinMain).

Jim