Well, we do use IUnknown and other COM-like features and so I can serialize any userdata my scripts are using. As to serialization in general, it's just going to be dumping some tables to a file and then reading them back... trying to figure out the versioning scheme at the moment. I have an OOP framework written in Lua and so I intend to simply persist all class instances created in the game, pretty much the way we do it for things written in C++.

Alex