On Tuesday 13 April 2004 11:00 pm, Bruce Dodson wrote:
> That knowledge is still in the source code, for those who
> don't want to read the book.  The libraries are a great "how
> to" guide.  The book is better if you're just starting out
> though.  Also, if you want to have it opened while you're
> coding, the book is cheaper than a second monitor.

If you have to teach a large number of people including non-programmers, then
suggesting they read the source isn't such a useful idea :)

I wasn't suggesting that the information in the book be given away, I was
suggesting that it could be produced in the form of a CD-ROM, maybe in a
similar format to "effective c++"

Also, I wasn't talking about teaching the C API, I was talking about teaching
the language, and the good things about it.

The point about having it in electronic form while working was that you could
search it, not that you could have it open at the same time :)

Rob