> I think Borland C++ Builder is the best GUI tool I've used on
> Windows.

I hear that a lot (actually, specifically in reference to
Kylix/Delphi).

> Non-commerically I highly recommend Python and wxPython.

I'm trying, very hard, to avoid learning ANOTHER new language =)
tcl/tk is simple enough that I'm pretty sure I can get the gist in a
day or two.

That said, Mark Stroetzel has given me some off-line help getting IUP
up and running without using TecMake.  So far so good, it's compiling,
I just need to get CD integrated and iup building and I might be able
to see if it matches what I want.

> Don't use Tcl/Tk. It's dated, slow and doesn't support all the
> native widgets (e.g. tree view). Sorry I haven't used IUP.

This is mostly for very trivial, crude test applications, not for
large scale development.

Brian