> On Behalf Of Brian Hook
> Any suggestions for something else (even non-Lua)

I think Borland C++ Builder is the best GUI tool I've used on Windows.
Unfortunately C++ name mangling is not compatible with MS so you end up
doing a lot of extra work. MS then poached the lead engineer from
Borland and he is lead architect of C#. This is something I have no
looked into yet but C# is like a cross between Java and Python (Java
with lists and dictionaries). So C++/C# and .NET may be quite nice. Qt
is supposed to be very good although I haven't used it.

Non-commerically I highly recommend Python and wxPython. You can then
use the excellent Boa-Constructor or XrcEd (XML style GUI editor - which
wxLua should support as well) to design GUIs. wxWindows is basically how
MFC should have turned out instead of the low level scrappy dated system
it is. It was a rip off of OWL, an old Borland Windows library, but
Borland moved on ;-) wxWindows has nice support for things like
wxStyledTextCtrl (i.e. Scintilla = colour editor for Lua, Python, C++
etc).

Don't use Tcl/Tk. It's dated, slow and doesn't support all the native
widgets (e.g. tree view). Sorry I haven't used IUP.

There are some notes on GUI libs here:
http://lua-users.org/wiki/VisLuaImplementation

Nick