[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Packaging Lua libraries
- From: Andre Nathan <andre@...>
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:15:14 -0300
On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 17:30, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> And when we have an FHS
> standard, I think it should be adhered to, no matter how broken some
> popular distributions, languages or the standard may be.
The point is that the FHS seems to be a linux-only thing, and not even
all distros are using it. Anyway, that's off-topic here, and most people
seem to agree with .lua files on $PREFIX/share.
So here's how things are currently:
* .lua files are installed to $PREFIX/share/lua5
* .so/.a files are installed to $PREFIX/lua5
* .lua loader files and libraries written in pure lua should be
named <name>.lua. No "lua" or "lib" prefixes.
* the "lib" prefix to .so/.a files seems not to be necessary
* the initialization function should be named luaopen_<name>
So what is left to decide is wether library files should have a version
number or not.
Do you guys agree with that? If so, I'll make the necessary changes to
The goal of science is to build better mousetraps. The goal of nature is
to build better mice.