On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 12:20, Danilo Tuler wrote:
> It's not so usual to distribute both dynamic and static libraries.
> I did a quick research:
<snip>
> There is no standard or concensus. :-(

What about 3rd party libraries for those languages? I talked to a
Windows guy I know and he said that in Perl at least they are named
following the <libname>.dll scheme, e.g. mysql.dll or DBI.dll.

I think that would be good enough, since the shared library is what
matters for the use of a default loader script. So windows libraries
could use the same scheme as the UNIX ones, just using .dll instead of
.so.

Andre