Hello

One of the problems that I believe Lua users have (specially people new
to the language) is when they need to use third-party libraries. IMHO,
there's a need for some standardization regarding the packaging of those
libraries, when it comes to installation paths, file names, etc.

I have set up at [1] a small list of points that I believe would
contribute to the standardization of the packaging of third-party
libraries.

Please don't think these are rules I am trying to enforce to library
writers. This is just meant as a starting point for a debate which I
believe would be beneficial to the Lua community in general, and the
suggestions listed there can (and will) be changed according to the
community's point of view and feedback.

Best regards,
Andre

[1]http://oss.digirati.com.br/packaging_lua/third-party.html

--
Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
-- Wynn Catlin