Vijay Aswadhati wrote:

I don't know what the benefits of scons are either. I have a vague feeling
that it's goals may be similar to that of CMAKE (cmake.org); CMAKE generates
make files (and project files in the case of Windows) using a "simple"
language. It is written in "C++" and is "extensible". The "simple" language
becomes "clumsy" when dealing with non-trivial projects

if I remember correctly SCons uses Python which is at the same time a "simple" language to learn but anything but clumsy.