I was just wondering why no metamethods can be provided for the "and", "or"
and "not" operators? I understand that there may be some complications
because of short-cut evaluation, but it seems that this could be handled
similar to C++ (i.e. just eliminate short-cut evaluation in overloading
situations). I am working on layout processing software and I find it
would be useful to overload these operators in order to specify design
rules. In any case does anyone know if there is a chance this feature might
be added in the future?

Thanks
Ram