>Personally, if you only have 20 functions, I'd recommend just writing
>the wrappers by hand.  That way, you don't depend on any outside code.
>The lua documentation is pretty good, and you can look at the lua
>standard library for examples.

You may also look at my libraries, specially lgdbm, which is fairly small:
	http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/

All my Lua libraries are written by hand. For the larger ones, I used small,
taylor-made Lua scripts to read pieces of the original C library and generate
almost complete Lua bindings. I did that for starting lpdf and lmapm.

>It's fairly easy to modify the luamain program to use new libraries.

If your lua interpreter supports dynamic loading then you don't have to change
it at all. This is how all my Lua libraries are tested.
--lhf