Ah right sorry...
using VC.net to build the code.

not sure what you mean about comand line, but heres what the comand line
properties in my luaconsoleapp are...
/Od /AI "C:\dev\luaTest\Debug" /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_MBCS" /FD /EHsc
/MTd /GS /Yu"stdafx.h" /Fp"Debug/luaconsoleapp.pch" /Fo"Debug/"
/Fd"Debug/vc70.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /Zi /clr /TP /FU
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorlib.dll" /FU
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.dll" /FU
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.Data.dll"

i compiled the lua stuff from luabuild 5.0.  this had a vc 6 project which
.net converted to one of its nice solutions and then built.

im running winXP home should that help too.

ive tried running some pre compiled libs i got with luabuild also but they
did the same crash so im fairly certain the libs are built ok.

I think that we all need more informations : which compiler, which command
line, did you compile lua from sources, which version of lua do you
use, ...

Le Jeudi 18 Mars 2004 18:06, Andy Greensmith a écrit :
> Hi,
> I new to lua, I have managed to get everything compiled and all appears
> well untill i run my simple program (listed below).  Its a console app
> in windows.
>
> When i run it i get the following error message...
> "An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in
> Unknown Module. Additional information: Could not load type lua_State
> from assembly luaconsoleapp, Version=1.0.1538.30083, Culture=neutral,
> PublicKeyToken=null."
>
> If i place a break point in this function it never get reached.
> If i take the lua_open command out it runs without crashing.
>
> int main()
> {
>     lua_State* state = lua_open();
>     return 0;
> }
>
> Any help anyone can offer me would be massively appriciated
> Cheers
> Andy

- --
Michel Nolard