On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:38:28 -0800
"Richard Ranft" <rranft@lvcablemodem.com> wrote:

> I think that this is very useful in that you can finish
> tweaking/testing a given function and then "fold" it out of sight,
> leaving the declaration visible for reference and uncluttering those
> multi-thousand line files for easier browsing.

Keep in mind that you can enable folding to any 'region' defined on the
syntax file (if ... then ... else, while ... end, repeat ... until
etc.). The procedure is the same described for function blocks, just
find the proper lines on lua.vim (they're all next to each other).

I tried it here, and too much nesting takes place (almost every block is
a folder), it felt a little awkward at first, YMMV. Maybe I will give
it another try later.

Also, if you're in the mood for testing and don't mind excessive folder
nesting, you might want to try foldmethod=indent (this of course depends
on you keeping your code properly aligned).

Best,

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa