On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:38:28 -0800
"Richard Ranft" <rranft@lvcablemodem.com> wrote:

> This is a handy feature - Visual Studio borrowed it from vim
> (finally).
>
> I think that this is very useful in that you can finish
> tweaking/testing a given function and then "fold" it out of sight,
> leaving the declaration visible for reference and uncluttering those
> multi-thousand line files for easier browsing.

Exactly, that's precisely how I am using it right now.

> Good tip, dude!

Thks, glad it was useful =) One additional tip: if you put this on your
~/.vimrc

set foldmethod=syntax nofoldenable

vim will start with foldmethod set to syntax mode, but will not activate
folding by default. Then, it's up to you to (de)activate it with z[nNi].
Remember though that not all syntax files support folding.

Best,

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa