Hi Reuben,

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:18:54 +0100 (CET)
Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org> wrote:

> I've built 5.0.2 RPMs (which supercede my 5.0.1 RPMs). Get them from:
>
> http://www.mupsych.org/~rrt/Lua
>
> The RPMs were built on Fedora Core 1.
>

> Some users may have noticed that Lua RPMs are also available for
> Fedora from fedora.us. I consider mine to be superior (mostly because
> of the way they build Lua) and have folded in all the improvements I
> could find. When the fedora.us Extras RPMs collection is finally
> merged into Fedora Core (should happen by Fedora Core 2 in a month or
> so) I plan eventually to submit my RPMs to the Fedora project.

This is interesting, IMHO you should definitely submit yours to
repositories maintainers. Dag Wieer's repo points to newrpm as the
authority for Lua RPMs [http://dag.wieers.com/packages/lua/,
http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/apt/redhat/en/i386/9.0/RPMS.newrpms/], it
would be nice to have "one package to rule them all" ;)

But, why wait for FC2 to become gold?

Best,

Andre

--