>From what I read on [1], you are not free to, for example, get
>some code licensed under the FAL, and add it to a closed-source
>product (see term number 3). The MIT and BSD licenses allow you
>to do that.

Well, I am not a lawyer and all that. But it seems to me that
term 3c allows you to do almost anything as long as you rename
the executables, perhaps by prefixing them in some way, and
distributing them along with the closed-source product. That
bulks up your distribution a bit, but it certainly doesn't
prevent you from doing it. Similarly, 4a allows you to
distribute your modifications in object form only, as long as
you also distribute the originals.

Or am I missing something?