It would be good if someone with VC++ 6.0 actually did this.

The reason: mingw/gcc eats VC++ .lib's quite nicely but VC++ does not eat .a

The other (perhaps better) alternative would be to provide both:

	.dll itself
	.lib for VC++
	.a	 for gcc

If this is done by mingw anyways, it can use the dll itself as an import library (oh, why won't MS programmers do it as easy?). Anyone know a way to generate .lib from mingw?

-ak

Virgil Smith kirjoittaa maanantaina, 1. maaliskuuta 2004, kello 19:55:

The question keeps coming up on this list of where to get Lua DLL binaries for Windows, and myself and others keep pointing out that there not on the wiki (or weren't previously), but that its just <<so easy>> to make that it
really didn't matter.

However, if library contributors are stumbling over libraries being
incompatible for this reason then I strongly suggest that someone put forth
a "standard" DLL onto the Wiki.

Does anyone know of any issues that would complicate this?
(I expect that those who have put forth open libraries would know what
issues could cause disagreements, linking problems, license statement
problems, etc.)