Added the direct link to the amazon.ca entry. Btw, looks like it's still at 30% off, as it was listed at less than 35 dollars Canadian.
Afaik, you don't have to be a Canadian resident to buy from Amazon.ca
I finished the book a while back, and can only recommend it to anyone wanting to get started with Lua on the right foot, as the treatment lends itself nicely to people having no prior experience, or very little of it, with Lua (as I did, and still do ;))
Nicolas

On Vendredi, févr 20, 2004, at 14:34 America/Montreal, Nick Trout wrote:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaBooks

I added a page to the wiki into which books and links to sites that sell
"Programming in Lua" can be reached.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Roberto Ierusalimschy [mailto:roberto@inf.puc-rio.br]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 9:11 AM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Getting Programming In Lua Book in UK

Needless to say the book is terrific and can't be recommended
enough.

So please keep doing it! :)

Only, you pay the pound price and if you're outside the UK that's
rediculous.

It seems that today you it is available in euro too:

  US-Preisempfehlung*: $34.95
  Preis: EUR 30,67
  Versandfertig in 24 Stunden.

(at amazon.de)

-- Roberto

Nicolas Quijano, eternal comp sci student, game designer and developer.
Also known to freelance as a programmer and consultant.
jiuq@users.sourceforge.net

Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
My friend, Steve Linberg