The irc channel irc://irc.freenode.org/lua is mentioned in the LuaLinks
page of the Lua wiki, but it has never been registered with freenode, and
is "opless". After a small discussion about how to register the channel, I
asked on #freenode what we might do.

The following brief chat followed:

*** dougk_ff7 (dougk@dougk.developer.freenode) has joined #lua
[rici] Did anyone ever actually "found" this channel?
<dougk_ff7> hello, is there anyone here we might be able to agree upon as
being founder? (a concensus would work...)
[rici] Tell you what, I could ask the Lua developers to send email to
someone, if you gave me an address to send it to.
<dougk_ff7> sure, staff at freenode.net -- someone there will reply with
what they need to do to make this channel official. ;)
<dougk_ff7> if you need anything in the interim, please feel free to
contact us.
[rici] dougk_ff7, thanks.

I think the channel is a useful resource, and it probably ought to be
registered, but I am at a loss as to how to proceed. Still, as they say, a
consensus would work...

Rici