Reuben Thomas wrote:

2. System integrators. I'm thinking of the Lua team and LuaCheia people
principally. Are these libraries useful with your distribution? If not,
why not? (I'm still not clear on why no Lua code is distributed with the
core distribution: it can be 100% portable, just like C code, and just as
useful and fundamental as the standard C libraries.)
Hi Reuben!
We have the integration of your standard libs as a very high priority on the ToDo for LuaCheia. Especially we need to explore how the standard libiry code fits into the module-concept of LuaCheia (namespaces etc.) Having high quality extemsions in Lua code is very important for a project like LuaCheia I think.
Currently it's mainly a problem of free time.

-Martin