At 09:26 09/01/04 +0100, you wrote:
>I received the book yesterday from amazon.fr, but I can't find it on the
>French site anymore (and the UK site still says "not in stock").

Amazon UK sent my copy earlier this week.

Just started reading it - most enjoyable! I have noticed a couple
of what I think are typos ("I author" and "IndexPascal"), and will
make a note of any others that I see. However, my first impressions
of content are very favourable and typographically it's tres smart.

>(to keep the cosmic balance, I also had a big HD failure yesterday)

Bad luck - I hope your backups were recent at least!

Francis