When performing a DoFile (this is in Lua 4), on a script that previously
properly compiled, I receive an unhandled exception on the following
line.

static void collectstrings (lua_State *L, int all) {
  int i;
  for (i=0; i<L->strt.size; i++) {  /* for each list */
    TString **p = &L->strt.hash[i];
    TString *next;
    while ((next = *p) != NULL) {
      if (next->marked && !all) {  /* preserve? */     /// <---- This
line
                                                       /// is where VC++
                                                       // is pointing

Before performing the DoFile, I perform a series of 'DoString' on the
same Lua state.

DoString(L,"open = 0");
DoString(L,"high = 0");
DoString(L,"low = 0");
DoString(L,"close = 0");

I know that there may not be enough info to solve the bug, but any
insight is greatly appreciated.