>You simply can't, legally (unless you provide source or relinkable
>objects for your own code).  But neither would you typically want
>to (for SDL, although you might for the other LGPL libs) because
>(on Linux -- other platforms often have more binary-sanity) SDL is
>usually compiled with distribution/platform-specific knowledge
>about which input and display schemes to support, variation from
>which can create a dependancy and support nightmare, which makes
>it very valuable to leave as a dynamic library anyway.

I agree, but my application runs on Windows, and as everybody know Windows
lets the users delete anything they want including the DLLs your application
need to run. That plus the Murphy law make statically linking under Windows
a must in my opinion.

Andre de Leiradella
http://www.geocities.com/andre_leiradella/