sorry list !!!!
I was too greedy with the REPLY button ....

[]s
Mauricio Oliveira Carneiro

Mauricio Oliveira Carneiro wrote:
Curt Carpenter wrote:

If anyone thinks they might be interested, I can answer questions better
that the recruiter since it's testing stuff that my team produces.

Curt, I've sent my resume to the recruiter and we are in communication since thursday. I'm talking now to the visa department of Volt now. I needed these 4 days to make up my mind about moving to the US, now that it's done, I need to solve some doubts about this position. Feel free to redirect me to anyone if I'm asking the wrong person :)

These are technical questions, but I'd also like to ask personal questions, such as where to live (near the campus), how's the transportation in Redmond, and some other things that I don't know whom I should talk to. Could you point me someone?

[...] snip ! [...]

The job is a contract position at Microsoft, onsite in Redmond, WA.

First of all, I'm being contacted by VOLT people, not Microsoft. That's making me a little unconfortable since I don't know yet who am I signing a contract with, Microsoft or Volt?

Where exactly would I be working ? Is it in the Microsoft Corporate Campus at Redmond? If not, where would it be?

As for the term "contract position at Microsoft" does it mean a temporary job? If so how long is the contract term?

As for the game Mythica, when is the expected release date for it?

What's the contractor policy about the use of their workers? Are they used in more than one project at a time? Or are they locked into a project until it's done ?

What would be the expected date (of the developers) for this job start being done? Is it being done by someone already who needs extra help? Or isn't it bein done at all?

Thank you very much Curt !

Mauricio Oliveira Carneiro
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~carneiro
FIOCRUZ - PROCC