On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 14:31, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
> What are your thoughts on plugins? It's obviously crazy to expect
> everyone who wants to use mod_lua has to also have mysql installed (and
> then the growing list of libraries) so some type of module system has to
> be setup. Maybe a list of mod_lua approved or suggested? Before they
> will become suggested they have to reach a maturity of a well documented
> and stable api? (obviously in the future, because mod_lua can't even
> claim that ;-))

It is inevitable at this point that I should suggest looking into
Aranha. Aranha currently uses FastCGI, but I expect it wouldn't be too
hard to rewrite the main loop to abstract away the FastCGI specific bits
to allow it to be an apache module as well.

I might look into that over the christmas break.

http://aranha.pepperfish.net/

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                       http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler: Digital-Scurf Unlimited